This policy governs the operation of the following official Upopoy social media channels (hereafter referred to as “the social media channels”).
1. General Principles
The purpose of the social media channels is to use photographs and videos to provide users with information about Upopoy. This provides a more in-depth understanding of Upopoy and improves user convenience.
The social media channels are to be used exclusively for the dissemination of information and in principle will not be used to respond to users. Feedback and questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Operating Procedures
The social media channels shall disseminate the following information:
（1）Information on the operation and organization of Upopoy
（2）Content posted on the official Upopoy website
3. Management of Comments
（1）Replying to comments
In principle, the Foundation for Ainu Culture (hereafter referred to as “the organization”) will not reply to comments on the social media channels.
In the course of running the social media channels, the organization may hide and delete comments or block the account of a commenter without the commenter’s consent if the comment is not relevant to the original post or is deemed to fall under one of the following categories:
- Content that violates or may violate laws and/or regulations
- Defamation of specific individuals or organizations
- Political or religious content
- Content that infringes on the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and portrait rights, of the organization or any third parties
- Content that is discriminatory on the basis of characteristics such as race or religion/spirituality
- Content that is detrimental to public order and/or decency
- Content that is falsified, factually inaccurate, defamatory and/or designed to promote the dissemination of defamatory statements
- Content that violates the privacy of an individual without their consent, including but not limited to the identification of an individual and the disclosure or leakage of personal information
- Content whereby the commenter is impersonating another user or a third party
- Content that modifies information disseminated by the organization in full or in part
- Content that is not relevant to information disseminated by the organization
- Any other content that the organization determines to be inappropriate, or links leading to such content
4. Intellectual property rights
The intellectual property rights to content posted to the social media channels, including but not limited to photographs, illustrations, audio, video, and articles, belong to the party who posted the content or to the rights holder. Unauthorized reproduction of this content is prohibited except in cases permitted under the Copyright Act, such as for personal use or quotation purposes. In the case of quotations, the source must be clearly indicated in an appropriate manner.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information posted on the social media channels, the organization accepts no responsibility for any actions taken by users based on this information.
- The organization accepts no responsibility for any issues between users, damages incurred or issues between a user and a third party as a result of information posted to the social media channels.
- Rights such as copyrights for posted content such as comments belong to the user who made each post. However, by posting this content, the user agrees to grant the organization non-exclusive worldwide rights to use the posted content free of charge and agrees not to exercise copyrights against the organization.
- The organization accepts no responsibility for any damages incurred in relation to the social media channels that are not covered by the above provisions.
6. Dissemination of and Alterations to Operation Policy
This policy may be updated without prior notice as required.