1. General Principles
The Foundation for Ainu Culture collects information on all visitors to the Upopoy (National Ainu Museum and Park) website (directories under https://ainu-upopoy.jp/, hereafter referred to as “this website”) as necessary to ensure the smooth operation of services provided by this website (provision of information, collection of various types of feedback, reservations for cultural experience programs and events, etc.). Collected information will be handled appropriately within the scope of the Purpose of Use.
2. Scope of Information Collection
1. This website automatically collects internet domain names, IP addresses, search queries used within the website, and other information relating to browsing on this website. Cookies (information sent from the server to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s computer to allow the server to identify users) are limited to content intended to improve convenience for the user and do not contain any personal information.
2. When the user sends a form (feedback, inquiries, etc.), they may be asked to enter details such as their name, address, telephone number and email address (hereafter referred to as “user attributes”). User attributes that are entered will be seen by the recipient of the form. When communications such as feedback about a particular situation or inquiries are sent by email, the sender’s email address will be seen by the recipient.
3. It may be necessary to ask users to provide their user attributes (name, age, address, telephone number, email address, allergy information, health situation, etc.) in certain cases such as when applying to attend cultural experience programs, events, etc.
■Use of Information-Gathering Modules
■ The following can be used to opt out of tracking:
・Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add On (PC only)
・ Google Ads Opt-out Browser Add O n
3. Purpose of Use
The collected information indicated in 2-1 will be used as a reference to ensure the smooth operation of the services provided by this website and the National Ainu Museum and Park. Feedback collected as described in section 2-2 will be used as reference for future operations. User attributes will also be used to process feedback, inquiries, etc., and to contact users with replies to questions or confirmations. This information may also be forwarded within the Foundation for Ainu Culture or to related public organizations, based on the content of the feedback that is received. Information collected as described in section 2-3 will only be used when it is necessary to ensure that the events run smoothly, including the handling of reception, the execution of the event, measuring the effectiveness of the event, attendee questionnaires and planning of future events. This information may be shared within the National Ainu Museum and Park Management Headquarters of the Foundation for Ainu Culture.
4. Restrictions on Use and Disclosure
The Foundation for Ainu Culture will not use collected information for purposes other than those outlined in 3 (Purpose of Use) and will not disclose such information to any third parties, except in cases where disclosure is requested in accordance with applicable laws and replications, in cases of illegal activity such as unauthorized access and intimidation, or in other exceptional circumstances. However, statistics relating to access to this website and user attributes may be disclosed.
5. Safety Measures
The Foundation for Ainu Culture will take necessary measures to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of collected information and to ensure it is managed appropriately.
6. Scope of Application
National Ainu Museum and Park Management Headquarters, The Foundation for Ainu Culture
2-3 Wakakusa-cho, Shiraoi Town, Shiraoi District, Hokkaido 059-0902
Contact us using the contact form on our website